Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 11 Oct 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The idea is more of a talking point than a substantive policy solution, according to those who work in the industry
  • | 11 Oct 2016, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    Just more liberal talking points. ACA is failing for the great majority. It's a push for what they really want; socialized medical care which will be a complete disaster like every government run program. Time for something new.
  • | 11 Oct 2016, 01:33 PM Agree 0
    The Insurance industry is indicating why it won't work. The Trump campaign is spouting off the idea of Competitive Insurance without the back up of any real proposal or costs associated with it. This option will obviously benefit those in good health but penalize those with health issues that are already paying high premiums.
    • Insurance Ninja | 11 Oct 2016, 04:29 PM Agree 0
      By why does it work with all other insurance. Auto insurance for example. National insurance companies getting admitted in various states and covering all types of drivers & vehicles. Almost all states require you to have minimum coverage for your vehicle, and if you can't find coverage thru normal means, you get on an assigned risk plan. The horrible thing about health insurance which the ACA did fix was the fact that some health insurance companies were cancelling coverage on people with terminal illness. They should keep that part of the law. Make it like auto insurance, and stop the monopoly of Blue Cross/Shield, Aetna, and AARP. We would have more companies involved selection, one time injury forgiveness, cheaper prices if you don't use the insurance as much, and higher prices if you abuse the medical system by going to the ER for a cold. Their would be an assigned risk plan for those who can't get regular coverage, with the State Insurance commissioners setting max premium limits and forcing companies to take on the risk to write in the state. Lastly their would still be medicare / medical as the safety net for those who simple can't afford to pay.
  • Aaron F Park | 11 Oct 2016, 01:45 PM Agree 0
    I have been consistently disappointed in the left-leaning bent of this insurance publication. Quoting regulators is kind of like inviting alcoholics to a wine-tasting... you know what they are going to say! Why not just be honest and admit that ibamag.com supports obamacare without modification and supports Hillary Clinton for President. Such honesty will be a welcome change.
  • | 11 Oct 2016, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    ACA failed before it even started. This has been a disaster. I do not appreciate "subsidizing" others while my premiums go up and coverage down. The only people it helped was the poor and uninsurable people. And I had to pay for it! Total rip-off. I want to see it repealed.
  • Insurance Ninja | 11 Oct 2016, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    Regardless if you a Democrat or a Republican, if you know insurance concepts and what is going on in the healthcare insurance industry you know this article is bull. “Sales across state lines would reduce premiums for those who are healthy at a given time while increasing premiums and reducing access to coverage for those with current or past health problems,” does anyone remember Adverse Selection and why it is bad? Right now the ones who will not use the system (healthy middle to upper class working Americans) are paying way too much in premium for health insurance. Remember the days of family coverage for $200 a month and $25 co-pays. Now its $800 to $1,000 a month for forced coverage and you still have to pay a percentage of your medical bills. Also to all the producers and risk managers who deal with the medical service industry clients like ambulances, private medical practices, etc. Have your clients made more or less money in the last 8 years? I seen tons of doctors offices and ambulance companies close up shop because of the ACA, Medicare and Medicaid. Why go into private practice as a doctor and have 1/2 a million dollars in student loan debt, rent, PL insurance, and business expense, when you only make $12 a visit when the majority of your patients are on Medicare. Why run a private ambulance company when your are forced to pick up a Medicaid patients at a $100 net loss per pickup when you factor in operating and fuel cost.

Trump is a toad with most of his platform, but at least with health insurance and ACA he is better than Hilary.
Post a reply