Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 03 Oct 2016, 03:06 PM Agree 0
Obamacare’s issues have been exacerbated by polarization and gridlock, the president claims
  • Neal Biron | 03 Oct 2016, 03:55 PM Agree 0
    All the same noise. I am still deafened by the lack of any “noise” regarding the real issue, the cost of Health Care. We saw a lot of weeping and the gnashing of teeth by politicians about the epipen fiasco, and their self-serving, totally disingenuous outrage over the pharmaceutical industry’s gouging of the American public, but no real action. It seems to me if it is legal for them to tell insurance companies they have to operate at an 85% loss ratio, then they have the power to reign in the pharmaceutical industry’s greed based operating principles.

Yes Mr. President. It is refreshing to see that you admit to the serious and costly flaws within the ACA, but most of them can be resolved, not by continuing to rearrange the pea under the insurance company walnut shells, but by dealing with the root of the problem. Put as much money, effort and energy as well as political will into getting the cost of delivering health care under control. Imagine that, a real Affordable Care Act!!
  • Carl Ohlendorf | 03 Oct 2016, 03:55 PM Agree 0
    I wish someone would admit the goal is to have only one company remaining.
  • Janice Michaud | 03 Oct 2016, 04:49 PM Agree 0
    “We know that this progress has not been without challenges. Most new enterprises have growing pains and opportunities for improvement,” Obama wrote in the letter. “The marketplace, while strong, is no exception.”
    It is an exception... it relies on forcing people to pay for it and no matter how badly it is put together.... we have no options.
    This is not a viable enterprise without force.
    Unlike private enterprise, it can't be stopped by consumers going elsewhere. They effectively took away our private health insurance options... The actual affordable ones.
Post a reply